Saturday, August 1, 2015
I am so tired 7/31/15
Awoken by the sound of guitar music and children screaming at me about rolling up their sleeping bags, I got off of the hard auditorium floor and kinda wished that I could call in sick, even though I was already at work. Breakfast consisted of a buttered bagel as I began the paramount task of the summer: setting up the ultimate scavenger hunt. It was a race against the clock as Gera and I tried to tape up clues all over the JCC and arrange for a victory party. This time, things went smoothly with prizes being given out in the end, and a winner being crowned. Second place was given a "campers choice" card, which allowed them to pick the game we were playing, and first place got a "Trump" card, which allowed them back into any game. Naturally the first place card was outfitted with a head shot of Donald Trump himself. The post-scavenger hunt after party was pretty bomb. We turned out the lights and put up strobes and played music through the speakers while the kids whipped and Nae-Nae'd to their hearts' content. For two days in a row, we were rained out of an activity as the pool was closed for thunder. We chose, instead, to hang out in the senior lounge where we did some laughing yoga and listened to a meditation tape, where the instructions were to imagine yourself busting your favorite animal out of a zoo. Afterward, I asked the kids what they thought I should get my mom for her birthday on Sunday. One kid said, "a necklace," another said, "a card," and one child said, "you should make her happy by getting a girlfriend." Everyone was so tired by the end of the day that song session became just a bunch of songs spoken in ridiculous accents, and then the song specialist started cracking up in the middle of Shabbat. It was a hoot. Not too many kids were in PM care as they day winded down, many parents had picked up their kids early after the overnight, and so I was able to go early. I got home at six and fell asleep for about twelve hours, only to wake up confused as to how I was already in bed.
Labels:
Camp,
Donald Trump,
JCC,
Scavenger Hunt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment