Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Doctor, Doctor

Now and again, every one of us has to face the aggravating health care system and all of its components, including incompetent nurses and doctors who make you wait for an entire hour to go and pee in a cup. SO yesterday morning my brother asked me if I wanted to go to Einstein's for breakfast, and OF COURSE I wanted to go because I'm not really a cereal kinda guy, so I get dressed and in the car, but, of course, there's a twist. My mom tells me that we have to go see my doctor because my Adderall prescription has run out and needs to be refilled. No biggie. Just gotta pee in a cup. So by the time we all get in the Prius and to the doctor's office, it's more around lunch time, but my mom likes the word brunch because it means cooking one less meal a day. My doctor's office is ironically next to a Steak N Shake which was tantalizing and a proposition that would be considered briefly before being shut down. My mom walks me into the doctors office and leaves me with my phone on 12%. Well, my phone is destroyed so it's more like a normal phone's 3%. I sit behind this pillar which obstructs my view of the receptionist and likewise her view of me. I text on my phone for like 15 minutes before calling my mom and straight up telling her that I'll be going to lunch now. My mom says no and hangs up on me. A little while later I garner the courage to walk up to the receptionist who looks surprised to see me still there. Where would I have gone? It's not like she called my name. She tells me that I should have already gone back because all I needed to do was pee in a cup. I ask her if I can go back yet and she tells me that I have to keep waiting for the doctor, so I do. Finally, some woman hands me a cup, which I pee in and then return. "Have fun with that," I tell her as I walk out the door, down the elevator and to the car. "Great, where is the prescription?" mom asks me. I get out of the car, go back up the elevator and into the office. Some lady waves me over and hands me the prescription which I shove in my pocket as I, once again, return to the car. Mom decides we should eat at Brooklyn Water Bagels, which is actually a really good restaurant. She asks for directions and since my phone is dead, Sophie takes over. Sophie keeps checking Snapchat and can't actually help navigate so mom tells Sophie to give me the phone which leads to Sophie getting mad at mom for her thinking I was smarter. God knows how but we made it to the restaurant and ordered food. The restaurant's logo is "It's all about the water," but Sophie thought it referred to the drinking water and was very confused by the whole experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment