Monday, August 24, 2015

What even is this.

Right now my sister is screaming about her dry mouth which I thought was a good place to start my blog. The last several days, while not having been blogged, have been of some importance because 1. We FINALLY got (our own) cable and WiFi! My mom made me wake up so I could watch some sweaty dude drill holes in the wall 2. I finally got a learner's permit (no, not a driver's license) after failing 3 tests and waiting two and a half years, and 3. I started school today, which I wish was a joke because holy Moses I'm already done with this year. Most kids get senioritis, well I think mine was early onset, possibly congenital. I'll start by saying that every year, getting up on the first morning has been incredibly easy because of nerves and anxiety, but I'll tell ya something: this year, I so don't give a damn because, with all of the summer work, I feel like school started two weeks ago. I have been up to my neck in In Cold Blood and when I finally finish that and come in the first day, I learn the essay isn't due for another week. Meanwhile, Guns of August remains face down, opened to chapter six, which is as far as I've made it thus far. I hate Barbara Tuchman, yesterday I went on her Facebook page and liked it, just so I could unlike it. That is how much I hate her. How come Capote could write a (relatively) interesting and (relatively) factual book, but you just can't seem to get your mind out of the Ö's and the É's like anybody cares about the Kaiser's wife's brother's son who happens to be married to his first cousin! Stick to the facts! I type all this even though I know Barbara Tuchman is actually dead. So this morning I get to school and Sophie insists I take her to her locker, so I do, and I get to my AP Stat's class which was described by Sloan Stephens as, "ripe." TOK jumped in with both feet, having an actual assignment on the first day of school. I played the Appalachian native, Truffles. History I was just hoping she'd say Guns of August was a joke assignment, but she did not. Unfortunate. In English, I told Mr. Farmer that I have a blog. Enough said. I popped into Littler's class during lunch and he threatened to give me a referral if I didn't leave so I booked it and ended up in Chemistry with a new teacher and all of the seniors sitting on one side and all of the juniors filling up the remaining two-thirds. I really expected that class to be a chillaxin' cruisin' kinda class, but I forgot about Group 4 and IA's and IB Exams. So out the window with that. The first thing I told Mr. Ivey was that that period would be 'lit'. In drama the room was packed full of fifty kids who I still think are sophomores because I'm a senior, which is crazy. I went home at the end of the day just really wanting to finish Guns of August. Did I mention I hate that book?G

No comments:

Post a Comment