Monday, August 3, 2015

Doo doo theatre

Of course Sophie decided this morning that she just HAD to be up at the butt crack of dawn to go watch her friend take a driving test so at seven o'clock she busted into my room and demanded I get up. I groggily argued but have no general recollection of what was said. All I remember is waking up 45 minutes later and going to work like usual. I feel it necessary to mention that today I wore socks that looked like gators eating my legs, they were a big hit among the children. In the morning, it began to drizzle and soon picked up into a storm so the majority of our day was inside. The first thing we did was prepare for our talent show where our group of younguns had chosen to do the song Watch Me by Silento. It's quite a sight to see, but when I opened Spotify, it asked me if I'd like to continue playing music on 'Caroline's iPhone' which I did not. As soon as I clicked the switch button, her music started playing on my phone and now I'm worried that one day a song will end up starting on my phone at a more explicit part in front of children, my mother, or my rabbi. Lunch was inside and was pizza so who could complain about that, afterward however, we tie-dyed shirts for the kids and I got it all over my staff shirt and kids wouldn't stop pointing it out. In drama it was pointed out that "I do do theatre," which was a joke originating with a counselor who, after demonstrating something in drama, flirtatiously told the CIT that, "she used to do theatre." Now I go around telling everyone that "I do do theater," while speaking in a British accent. One kid told me that 'do do theater' sounds like theater that isn't very good. In drama class today, the specialist asked all of us what our favorite part of summer was and all of the kids went, and then I tried to talk about how much the kids meant to me but they literally just said "blah blah blah," and ignored me. My other favorite part of summer was starting a blog and one little girl said to me, "you should put me in it because I'm a big part of your life!" My last Monday at camp this year ended spectacularly with me winning a game of H-O-R-S-E and getting chic-fil-a. Pretty much life goals, amirite ladies? I got home and my brother resentfully ate a microwaved hot dog while I enjoyed some crispy chicken nugs. The remainder of the evening was spent watching magic tricks and wishing I had gone to sleep earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment