Wednesday, August 5, 2015
Drama Queen
In an exciting turn of events my dad had a meeting next to where I work so he drove me this morning, and then later in the day, the room we were in with the kids had a window and my dad saw me and walked over to meet all of my kids. They all went crazy and mobbed him, I talk to my parents a lot about my kids so I tried to introduce them all by name, but they came up in scores and eventually I just told my dad I had to get back to work. All of my kids told me I look nothing like him and that he looks "younger" than I do. On this day, the second to last day of camp, one of our favorite campers left because she's going on vacation to the beach. Being great and all, she brought in brownies for her counselors and it was a very sad goodbye that just reminded me how much I'll miss camp, despite how tough it is to work all summer long. One thing I really liked about this camper was that she didn't pretend to be allergic to me, which is a real plus in my book. Many other girls continue to pretend they are, but I told them that I'm sure the pre-school has room for a few extra babies. What really got them was when I told them I'd have to crush up their Goldfish because they were too big to eat; then medical science cured them of their allergy. In Israeli Culture, the children made what were referred to as 'Chocolate Balls'. I'm not sure what this had to do with Israel, but they were so great, and many jokes about balls were made during the period. When it was time to go, the kids had to put their balls on a tray that would go into the refrigerator; as per usual, it took a long time, so I said to the kids, "stop touching your balls!" The entire day went easily because all the kids wanted to do was watch me do improv scenes with the other counselors. In reality, all they wanted to see was me ask other guys to marry me. Aside from that, the majority of my day was spent taking selfies with campers and trying to get them to actually smile in a picture with me. It was not easy. At the end of the day I realized I didn't have anyone to drive me home, so I called my grandpa and waited in the lobby. A short time later, the lady at the front desk came out and said, "there is a car outside honking, so if anyone is waiting for a-" Before she finished I knew it was my grandpa because getting out of the car and walking inside is just not his style, so long as he could just honk the horn. He drove me back to my grandma's house where mom picked me up. Sophie and two of her friends were there, along with my dog, Rosebud. Sophie got out to sit in the back with her friends, but the three seats were filled because Rosebud was taking up one. In a dramatic show of protest, Sophie climbed in the trunk and told my mother that she treats our dog like a princess. Back at our house, Sophie and her friends made short work of my leftovers and then I retired to my chambers.
Labels:
Boys,
Chocolate,
Cooties,
Drama Queen,
Grandparents,
Improv,
Israel,
Sister
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment