Saturday, August 1, 2015
Pray 4 me
So I had forgotten that today we would be traveling out to Boca Raton to stay in the fancy schmancy Waldorf Hotel. In fact I had forgotten about it when I fell asleep last night when I got home so when I woke up at seven, I had to pack my bag and make sure nothing was forgotten, or I'd be going commando this weekend, and I was not about to do that. The drive there was uncharacteristically peaceful as my family squished and squirmed in our Prius down towards the 3-0-5. The tranquility was caused by my sister being asleep most of the way there because as soon as she woke up she started talking like she was a Hispanic woman. In Cold Blood had to wait until I could get away from Sophie, who started off our trip by managing to piss all of us off to the point where Joseph wanted to hang out with me instead. At lunch she complained the entire time about how things weren't going her way, and then she demanded that my parents pay her $40 in money they "owe her" after having flown her to California and back for her own private vacation. We needed a break so Joseph and I went to the game room at the hotel where we could check out NBA 2k14 for the XBOX One. This was a rarity for us because it didn't even compare to the antique graphics of the game cube. The lady who ran the game room walked by us and warned, "ten more minutes." I looked at Joseph who gave me a 'did you know about this?' face. We headed off to the beach but not before we had run into dad and Sophie, who told us that we were going back to the pool and to try to Flow Rider, which was like a wave machine that you could surf on. We were all in line to go on when my dad feels the rain and decides to leave. My brother takes his place in front of some random 10-year-old who looks at him and says, "dude. line." My brother makes a face like 'but my dad was here and we're just switching spots so it's not really cutting'. Unfortunately, he couldn't put that into words because strangers frighten him, so he went to the back of the line. Soon, each kid had gone several times and was tired and hungry so we headed out to eat. As we waited for the car, I asked my mom, "do you think the valet has met our rat friends yet?" "The rats are gone," my mom replied. "We don't know that for sure," I said. We tried two different restaurants before we found one that could seat us. It was called 'Flanigan's' and our family, well dressed and showered, were out of place there. I ordered a half rack of ribs that ended up being shared with Sophie because all of her whinings about not liking the food she ordered. After a long day, we checked back in at the Waldorf and headed up to our two-bed room. Ahh, at last, it was time to argue about who slept where. Joseph tried to take the floor, but dad altruistically said he wanted it. Sophie wasted no time hopping into one of the beds while I decided to also sleep on the floor because the alternative was sharing a bed with Sophie and I'm just not ready for that. The sleeping arrangements ended up with mom and dad in one bed, Sophie on the other, ans myself and Joseph on the floor. Mom's birthday is Sunday so Tuesday I'm taking her out to dinner at Hillstone, because I'm a better child than Sophie at least.
Labels:
Boca Raton,
Flanigan's,
Flow Rider,
Hotel,
NBA 2k,
Ribs,
Waldorf,
XBOX One
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment