Tuesday, August 18, 2015
Today's the day, Gary!
This morning was a rehearsal for school, except my alarm went off at 7:30, which reminded me that getting up for school at 6:30 sucks ass. I got ready for the usual back to school orientation and tried to get there on time, but once again forgot that if I need to be somewhere at eight, I should tell my parents seven forty-five. Rookie mistake. In the car to school, my mom told me what she thought of my blog and then suggested that we write a play together titled, "What to Expect- The Jackass Years." "Thanks, mom," I said and got out of the car. I always hate the back to school thing because you have to be disappointed when you compare schedules and realize that none of your friends are in the same classes and you end up in a debate class with a gang member and a boy named Coquí. WELL NOT THIS YEAR. I actually got classes with people I like and, to top it all off, a top locker. Last year I forgot to bring five dollars for a locker and just kept putting it off until the school year was actually over. This year I made sure to ask mom for money, if that makes me a jackass then so be it. Caroline drove me home and told me she didn't think she'd ever been to my house in the daytime, which is true. That way no one sees the pink monogram of my parents' initials on the front. I spent the next few hours checking Facebook to compare my schedule and trying to focus on summer reading, which is difficult when certain family members are trying to learn how to do the Quan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment