Sunday, August 16, 2015

"Let them eat [spaghetti and meatballs]"

Being back in Winter Park is a great feeling because it means that there isn't sand everywhere because Lord knows how I somehow laid down in my bed last week and could feel sand all over the darn place. I woke up late this morning after some vigorous Netflix watching and I decided to continue that by finishing up the latest season of White Collar. I had already slipped back into my regular summer routine of avoiding responsibility so today was a lounge around laissez-faire day. Mom told me to pick up my room a lot today because dad was going to take me to get school supplies once he and my sister were finished at the mall. God grant that man strength because Sophie in a mall is a force to be reckoned with. Before they left I heard her talking with him, "Okay so five hours?" she asked. My dad laughed at that idea, "Fine, three," she countered. Six hours later we met them for dinner at my grandma Sue's house. Once there, a lively discussion on why Bernie Sanders is kick ass ensued. My grandma wants John Kasich to win whom I described as, "The cucumbers of the vegetable platter." I suggested we just vote for Donald Sterling and be done with it. After dinner, dad took me out to Target where I neglected to remember that Seminole County starts tomorrow so Target was jam-packed with moms trying to buy every last notebook. My dad and I went back and forth between the school supplies section and the office supplies section to find what I needed. Those twenty-five cent notebooks are my bread and butter. "How can you need more notebooks than you have classes," dad asked me. "You wouldn't understand," I explained, "You haven't taken a math class in a few years." He also questioned my decision to buy three different types of sticky notes. He just doesn't get me. Back home I was faced with the harsh reality of finding a new Netflix series to watch, Wish me luck on this next leg of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment