Saturday, August 15, 2015

Red ruby slippers

Yesterday:
AS IT TURNS OUT, ALL I NEEDED TO DO WAS UNPLUG THE MODEM AND THEN PLUG IT RIGHT BACK IN!!!!! So, in summary, I could have had WiFi this entire week but I did not follow the very simple advice of, "Have you tried turning it off and then back on?" Lord almighty I am feeling some very hearty emotions right now. So when we last left our hero, I was on the beach of the King & Prince Resort. My brother insisted that I go in the water even though I didn't have a bathing suit. Whatever, I figured I'd just dry off afterward. Easy-peasy lemon squeezy. Well as it turned out, mom had decided not to bring towels, AND we weren't actually guests at the hotel, so mom calls me over quietly and tries not to make a scene as she explains that we just have to walk home sopping wet, which is a pet peeve of mine. Upon return home, I become bored and try to fix the WiFi one last time by turning it off and then back on. I check my laptop and VOILA! Somehow no one had tried this all week and I finally was able to marathon White Collar again, late into the early morning hours.

Today:
Waking up without Sophie around was already a joy on its own so that fact offset how much I hate having to get up early. Joseph, mom and I packed up the entire car, then Joseph and I rode the bikes that we rented, back to the shop to return them. We waited about five minutes and by that point, had just assumed that mom had forgotten about us when she pulled up with our packed Prius and one-eyed dog in the back seat. We drove out to the local Dunkin Doughnuts where my mom bought us breakfast sandwiches which she referred to as,"Basically brunch," because, "It is already 10:40." After eating mine and trying not to get it all over the place, I fell asleep for the remaining three hours of the drive. When I finally got back to the WP, it was nice to be back in my own room and back to my old unreliable WiFi source. My friend Lauren called and asked to hang out with our friends Jeremy and Lilli so we all went out to Golden Corral where the wonders of the American buffet shone down upon us. Or maybe it was just the reflection of the ceiling lights off of the chocolate fountain. Either way, THEY HAD A COTTON CANDY MACHINE. When we left we played the claw machine but this time I didn't win, Lauren's brother did, and he got one of those spiky little balls. I accidentally dropped it out of the car window, oh well. Back at Lauren's house we went swimming and I smashed my head against the wall because I wasn't looking where I was going, so if none of this blog makes sense, it's because of that. Lauren tried to drive us all home, but her car wouldn't start so we took her mom's which was filled up with gardening supplies for some reason. When I got home I went right to bed because the earlier I went to bed the earlier I could start watching more Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment