Friday, August 14, 2015

Whoo!

Mom actually PAID for us to go to the King & Prince Resort('s beach for a day)! Because of this I get to use their WiFi and sit inside as if I'm actually a guest here! So tomorrow we are going to be heading home, and for everything this vacation has been, boring is one thing it hasn't. For the first time in a year, we actually had cable TV, because when we moved a year ago, my parents decided to forgo the option of a cable and WiFi bundle and instead go for neither. This was after discovering our neighbors didn't have a lock on theirs. Their mistake. With the luxury of cable at the vacation home, the TV was constantly tuned to Disney Channel, but for some reason at around nine last night, all of the show started being broadcast in Spanish. Now, with my score of a four on the IB SL Spanish Exam, I was kind of expected to translate. Unfortunately, that being a four out of seven and not, say, a four out of four, my family was out of luck. Last night we went out to a barbecue restaurant that has been "talked up in all the magazines," according to my mother. When we got there, my mom scanned the menu for the salad options, which, not surprisingly, was not extensive. Somehow this surprised my mom that the barbecue restaurant had a mostly meat menu. For me the night was much better because I love barbecue and I even got a cool new hat, although my head isn't really shaped to look good in hats so ya take what you can get, I guess. Early this morning my mom's friend, who was staying with us, took home Sophie, which means the start of my own personal mini vacation! I got up late and my mom had texted me telling me that they were on the beach near the local resort, which, of course, led me to believe she snuck on, but I didn't care because she also said there was free WiFi. When I got there, though, my laptop turned out to be dead so I went inside and watched an interview with Bernie Sanders. I got up to use the bathroom and while there, this guy is washing his hands next to me and he asks, "How's it going?" Who does that?! I didn't realize he was talking to me at first because the cardinal rule of bathroom interactions, is anonymity! Frickin' amateurs, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment