Tuesday, July 28, 2015

[WiFi] at last! [WiFi] at last!

I have been so tired every single morning when I've woken up recently it's getting a bit insane. I told my kids at camp that the first thing I did when I got up this morning was take a nap, and they said, "So you just went back to sleep?" As my mom pulled in to camp to drop me off, she told me that she's going to sign us up for swing dancing classes, to which I begged her not to. Status is currently unknown about whether or not she's signed us up, I'll keep you posted. In the drama elective, the kids made a video about the story of Jonah and the Whale, except for one girl who told me she was too tired, to which I related to well. She and I worked on planning a scavenger hunt, and she's one of the smartest kids I know so it went swimmingly. During gym games, on of the counselors in training accidentally hit one of my campers and she started crying, so I had to walk her to get ice in the camp kitchen. On the way over I commented, "Jeez, why do you keep getting hurt? I think you just like hanging out with me." "No," she said. No further questions. After work, the tables turned when I accidentally hit a child in the face with a basketball. She started crying and I tried to comfort her, but she went right to the lady who runs the basketball programs and told her that I am "banded from the gym." The lady agreed with her and said, "I don't even care that it's not grammatically correct, you're banded from the gym." My friend took me home and bought me some Chic-Fil-A, but when I got home no cars were there, and nobody answered their phone, naturally. I found a spare key and relaxed inside until my mom finally called and told me that they had gone to pick up my sister from the airport. I hugged her when she got home even though she said she didn't get me anything. "That okay," I replied, "I didn't get you anything either." The absolute best part of today was the discovery of working WiFi when I got home, which made me physically scream with joy. Tonight I still have to figure out a scene to do for the district thespian festival because this girl Georgia won't stop bugging me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment