Wednesday, July 22, 2015
Classic mom
This morning I went to Walgreens because I ran out of deodorant so my dad pulls into a parking spot and we sit there for a minute before he asks if I need to go. I told him that I needed him to pay for it. Sometimes parents just like to feel needed. Every morning during camp, my friend Gabe and I like to sing the national anthem as loud as we can, to give a demonstration of our superior vocal quality to the kids, of course. During Israeli culture, one of the specialist areas, we played a game where the kids had to cover their teeth with their lips and say "ship" over and over. To the counselors it sounded like a different word, but we couldn't exactly explain that to the kids. During after care, one child hit another kid in the face after the kid accidentally hit his thumb. I had to talk to the child's grandma about it and the whole time the child was just tearing up and trying to get his grandma to hug him, that almost made me cry. Naturally it made me think of my grandma, Sue, who says I'm the best hugger in the world. I was told I could go home when enough kids were picked up so I called my mom and asked her if she would bring me clothes to change into because a friend was driving me to our staff outing at SAK comedy club. "No," she said, with no explanation. When I asked why she said I "should have thought to bring clothes in the first place." Instead, she offered to give me a ride home where my friend could pick me up from. Apparently that was easier than just bringing me my clothes; I will never understand her. SAK was such a fun and great experience, it was amazing to watch them feed off of the energy from the audience. During the intermission I went to get a popcorn and game back and my boss asked for some, but I told her no, so she said "you're fired," and then I told her, "No, you're fired." She was really into the show and tried to make a few jokes of her own, they turned out... alright?? As we got to the parking garage in downtown Orlando, we took an elevator up as high as we could, and then had to take the stairs. Apparently the stairs didn't let off at the right place because we went up about 8 flights and just never found a door. What we did find was the overwhelming scent of weed which got strong as we went up. Eventually we decided to book it, as we got scared of whomever may have been up there. On the way back to the JCC, we played some Jewish music to really get us pumped up for the next day, and then we sang along to the Cat Song until my friend dropped me off. I got home and took off my too small jeans; girls I don't know how you all do it. Nothing feels better than boxers and democracy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment