Saturday, July 11, 2015
Where I am now, and where I hope you'll never have to be
Today we went from Winter Park to Lakeland and I hate Lakeland. My morning began at 10 AM as I woke up to the harmonious sound of my sister struggling to buy a purse online. Despite having no job or income, my 15 year old sister feels entitled to a new Kate Spade purse for her week long vacation to California. My mother tries to rebuke her requests for astronomically priced accessories but to no avail. My sister is the girl who likes to break away from reality to address her fake YouTube viewership every so often (Not relevant but kinda necessary). As she whined to my mother I slowly began dragging myself out of bed to prepare for the drive with my family. My number one priority to pack was underwear, because I had forgotten to pack it for the overnight at the camp where I work. This resulted in a long day of chafing. It was bad. Anyway, I packed for my grandma's party tonight and the family picture that I'll be in tomorrow. Mentally I prepared myself for questions about what I'm doing with my life, questions that seem to thrive in environments of concentrated family population. "Where are you applying to? How far are you into the process? What do you want to major in? Are you gonna miss us?" I love my family but I also love independence. Thanks George Washington and the Continental Congress. When we finally got on our way to THE CITY we snagged some free Slurpees and I passed out in the car. I currently find myself residing on a roll-away cot while my mother surfs the web and my brother takes advantage of the free cable. I anticipate an evening of food and sleep: two of my favorite things.
Location:
Lakeland, FL, USA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment