Sunday, July 26, 2015

Why oh WiFi Part II

I feel bad for not having posted yesterday, but it was because the WiFi was down and it'd not technically 'our WiFi'. When we moved a year ago my parents decided to just keep putting off getting WiFi and Cable TV until it seems like an unattainable reality. When I got up late in the day I checked my laptop 87,000 times expecting to have internet but it didn't happen. My phone, which is destroyed (See the story), kept dying and refused to charge over night, so I was out of touch and felt like an Amish farmer. My mom drove me out to Barnes and Noble to buy some plays and whatnot. Last night I read this awful play "based on the diary of a real girl." She accidentally tripped acid at a party, and then three months later was addicted to heroin. At the end she went to rehab, got better, but then she shouted "Throwback!" and killed herself with sleeping pills. It was whack. Later that night we went over to my grandma's for dinner, and the contrast to my mom's cooking was pretty blatant. While I was there I used my laptop on their functioning WiFi which was a god send. After dinner I asked my brother if he wanted to play basketball with me, and since he sees himself as the 11-year old LeBron James (complete with whining and complaining), he patronizingly went outside and started to play. Then he looked down at his phone and told me I had one more minute to play with him because he had to go inside to watch the Special Olympics opening ceremony. I left having not finished my blog post for Sunday which was aggrivating because it's being posted now at 12:45 am on a Tuesday. Instead of posting, I stayed up til 3 in the morning writing a play, which will either turn out genius, or 3 in the morning mediocre.

No comments:

Post a Comment