I barely got any sleep last night since I stayed up so long, but waking up has never come easy to me. Camp came pretty easy coming off the weekend and expecting to fall back into the regular groove of things. Mondays are pizza day so that is always a beautiful experience, not to mention I always forget to pack lunch anyway. During Israeli culture the children made what appeared to be Mr. Potato Heads, except with balloons. They turned out to look very deformed and underwhelming in terms of Israeli influence. The kids seemed to love them, however, and instead of hitting each other they hit their balloon friends. In after care, we played dodge ball in the gym, which is awesome because air conditioning and children always idolize their counselors during dodge ball. Near the end of the game I walked over to a girl who was sitting out and started talking to her. I asked her if she'd ever stop being allergic to boys and she said no. Then I asked if she'd ever get married and she said no. Then I asked who she'd dance with at her Quinceñera, and she said, "Hmm... Janet." "Who?" I asked her. "Janet, she's this girl... I think I'm just going to be gay." I sort of lost it for a moment and just started laughing in the middle of the gym and this little girl started telling everyone she was going to be gay, including her mother when she came to pick her up. After work my friend Lauren picked me up and drove me to her house to build a desk for her brother's room. On the way there we stopped at Racetrack and I bought a 52 oz. drink with 11 different sodas mixed in, or what Chris Christie calls breakfast. When I got to her house, I saw that Lauren had completed most of the desk and the only remaining step was to put the top of the desk on to the frame. This required that each dowel be inserted into a pre-drilled hole, except two holes were missing so I had to drill them. Evidently I didn't do it well enough because when I put the top on, I pushed it down and the wooden dowels burst through the top of the desk. We had to un-build the entire thing and bring it back to Target where we told them it was missing parts. Then we got another desk of the same variety, went back to Lauren's house, and tried building that. Lauren kept repeating "This is awful," and then afterwards I'd say, "No Lauren, Benghazi was awful, this is a cataclysm." We got through steps 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 11; then we ate Calzones and went home.
No comments:
Post a Comment