Thursday, July 23, 2015
Cray Crayola
I almost missed work today, because on Thursdays we have to get there early at 8:15 to discuss field trips and picture day, so I set my alarm to 7:15. I woke up long enough to shut my alarm off but I jumped back in my bed and passed out immediately. I woke up 30 minutes later when my dad shouted, "bye Jacob, have a great day!" I woke with a start and ran to get all of my things, then I yelled up to my mom, "hey mom, are you ready to go?" as if I had been ready for half an hour. In the car I turned on The Jacob Freid Experience,and jammed during the 20-minute drive to work. Once there, we began the process of discussing our field trip for the day, the Crayola Experience. On the way to the field trip, my friend Gera and I sang Blank Space, and a few other ditties. At the mall where the Crayola Experience was located, we had to make sure everyone had a ticket and two coins to use inside. Most importantly, I had to make sure I had my two coins because I wanted to have just as much fun as the kids... if not more. There was so much stuff do inside, as it turned out being bigger than I had expected. Of course the kids only wanted to go on the playground, it wasn't like we had one back at camp or anything. We were able to melt crayons into molds, turn selfies into coloring pages, and best of all, we could name our own crayons. Mine were named 'Jacobs Blog Blue' and 'Googly Eye Green 100'. A man in a purple crayon suit came out and one 7 year old looked me dead in the eyes and said, "We need to go see the crayon." We went, and they all hugged the sweaty teenager wearing a crayon costume. After lunch all of my kids wanted to go to a place called 'Toddler Town'but since they were 7 and 8, I made them compromise, and we went to the regular playground, again. Leaving wasn't easy, as none of the kids wanted to go home and they seemed to still have tons of energy. I thought the bus ride home would be a nice time for me to sleep, but the little girl across the aisle made sure that didn't happen. She would repeat my name over and over, and when I replied, she'd say, "no, I was talking to INVISIBLE Jacob!" I ended up giving her an award for 'making sure her counselor stayed awake on the bus'. She thought it was pretty funny. After the camp day was over, my grandpa Stan picked me up and drove me back to my grandparents where I was provided what my mother never could, a great dinner. My grandma Sue made sure to point out that my mom used the same meat loaf recipe, but that just made me wonder why it was so much better when my grandma made it. Happy almost Shabbat, until tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment