Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Cats

So I'm lying in bed, watching some How To Get Away with Murder, on the 'flix, and all of a sudden I get a call from my mom. It starts with the regular spiel about how I need to clean my room and yadda yadda, but then she tells me that she decided that I'm going to be taking care of a couple 3-week-old kittens. I did not sign up for that, and it's pretty typical for my mom to get excited about an idea and then just go ahead and do it. That happens to be how Rosebud was brought home because dad was on a business trip to Atlanta. Mom calls me from the car where she already has the kittens. Great. I don't dislike cats, in fact, I like them and I wanted one when I was younger, but I was never allowed to have one because my mom didn't want one. Now I have two? Anyway, mom brings them home and plops their cage down in the middle of my- still dirty- room. Of course, as soon as we start to hold them we're all in love, but that's when the real bombs start dropping. The first bomb is that after we feed them we have to "rub them with a warm washcloth." "Warm what?" Sophie asks. "Their parts," mom explains. Ohhhhh nope. Count me out. Next bomb: they need to be fed every three hours, which means that because they're my responsibility, mom explains, I have to wake up at 3 and feed them. At this point, I'd like to acknowledge the fact that my mom either didn't know about the three weeks of IB exams or didn't care because she had determined that these kittens were a necessary responsibility for me. I definitely could not wake up  every three hours to feed these kittens, which is what I told mom, who still did not believe that studying and taking exams constitute 'doing things on my days off.' She had told me last week that, since I'm gonna be spending a lot of time at home, I'll get to help clean the house. That sure is a funny way you got of lookin at things, Steph. Anywho, my mom took the kittens back to the vet cause that's where they go every day to be monitored, but now she doesn't want to take them home again, even though I don't have a morning exam for another week.

Sign my petition to tell Obama to tell my mom to let me keep the kittens.
https://wh.gov/ioPHO

No comments:

Post a Comment