I had no performance friday so it was just like, do whatever I feel like. I went to an improv workshop with some big sweaty guy, but watching other teenagers do improv is so incredibly painful because they all do whatever they think will be funny for teenagers, and, spoiler alert, it’s rarely funny. I left early and my friend Gabe and I hung out by the vending machines while he flirted with girls and I just tried to get them to read my blog. Neither of us really succeeded. Afterwards I went to a writing workshop with this teacher who started off talking about the definition of playwright, and then ended with doing other stuff. This one kid would not stop asking stupid questions so I just sat on my phone and wrote a play about Ted Cruz being the Zodiac Killer. We were all supposed to write scenes so I just went with an idea I had already started. The kid asked questions until the end of the session and finally the instructor guy was like, “how about I just read what you wrote after class?” “Oh I didn’t write anything,” replied the kid. It was a two-part workshop so we decided to not come back for fear of dealing with the annoying kid. Drama kids are better at just avoiding problems than confronting them, and that’s the way we like it!
Lunch was overpriced pizza, but overpriced can be used to describe every meal here except the first night when we had mall food court Chinese food. I went with a group to a musical theater workshop where I stayed in the back because I’m a much better rapper than a singer, and if you’ve heard me rap, then you know my singing is atrocious. We had to leave after that and go to some fancy dinner, which is code for ‘not a lot of food.’ Then I watched/slept through a performance of Romeo and Juliet, except before it started, thespians demonstrated exactly why they are the worst people to do anything with. They started doing the wave, but instead of the traditional way, they just dabbed around the auditorium. Then when the lights went out, they used the freaking flashlights on their phones to communicate in morse code. I fell asleep seven times during Romeo and Juliet, but it was only really bad because I started snoring in the third act. When it ended, we were all thankful, and we headed back to our hotel. All of the guys, except Daniel Crasnow, went to go play poker with Mr. Carter, who beat us all. We ordered pizza and rode the elevator down with a very very drunk girl. On the way back up a bunch of old men asked for our pizza. After we ate we began to execute our insane prank. So Mr. Carter’s suite was connected to the other group of guys’ suite so we bugged our way into his room and I dropped my Bluetooth speaker behind the chair. We connected it to Gabe’s phone which I had recorded the phrase, “are you living your life to the fullest?” So I had to go back to my room but I made sure Gabe knew to keep playing it. I got the following chain of messages:
Monologues Saturday! GoNNa WiNG iT!
No comments:
Post a Comment