Whenever I think of school ending, I pretty much immediately jump to that one song from High School Musical II which is definitely a generational defect. So the day that school really ended for me was somewhere in the second quarter, but when I stopped having to go to school by law was this last Friday. It felt like any other Friday, except we did absolutely nothing in class, except for chem, which I arrived at thirty minutes late. It really tells you just how little regard I have for that joke of a class. Nobody was paying attention, and I was blatantly on my phone, but that didn't stop her from telling me specifically to get with the rest of the class. Whenever she yells, Akshay and Sloan slyly put away the phones on which they are covertly playing video games. The last time walking out of that class was a freaking catharsis. It was like just being there made me feel like I was wasting time that could've been used giving back to the less fortunate. One time, to prove a point, I pulled up a video of paint drying. I hope that I passed on this brashness to some of the juniors, whose names I did not care enough about to learn until the last month of school. Hannah, Hannah, Maddie, Ellie, Matt, Kevin and others.
It's so weird to think about the fact that I really don't have class anymore until I go to FSU in the fall, but it doesn't feel like I don't have school because I have like 8 more exams, and then theatre too. I was going to direct another one-act, and like I told Mr. Carter, "third time's the charm!" But, then Carter insisted I act which means I have to find a monologue to do so I think I might just recite the intro to Nineteen Kids and Counting. With all this free time I've just been staying out til much earlier in the morning, so I suspect that at some point next week, my sleep schedule will flip and I'll become nocturnal. Honestly, being nocturnal would make it easier to take care of the cats, because I was supposed to feed them at 3 am today, but I slept through my alarm for six hours, and then I woke up at six and panicked as I ran to my brother's room to get the cats and feed them in my dining room. They would not stop trying to jump off the table so I eventually just covered them with the towel as I nursed them one at a time. The real challenge was getting them to defecate after their meal. I did the thing with the paper towel and the warm water, cause in nature the mom cat just licks "their parts" so that's what I had to simulate (note the choice of words was 'simulate,' and not 'stimulate'). The problem was that they weren't going, but instead, just making a lot of scary noises that led me to believe I was scarring them for the rest of their nine lives. I woke Sophie up, but she wouldn't do it, so I woke Joseph up, and he informed me that he had already covered my 3 am shift for me but he'd do this anyway, and so I went back to sleep til 9. I'd like to thank Obama for having my mom return the cats home.
No comments:
Post a Comment