Sunday, November 15, 2015

The end of the beginning and the beginning of the middle part

So I guess it's been a while since I posted on here and I've definitely got a lot to talk about. As I remember stories from the past couple months I'll probably post them on here.

So this weekend was the performance of our play, Stuff Happens, which is what we're doing for the district competition as well. It's a political play and I play George W. Bush, which is great except I hate George W. Bush and I'm so far left wing, but people still keep coming up to me and telling me how much they hate me! Like, listen buddy! I don't like him any more than you do, I'm just playing the guy! One of my lines in the play is, "I'm the commander see, I don't need to explain. I don't need to explain why I say things." I said it for my grandma and she said, "That's probably something Obama would say." Woah grandma hold up, you can't just say things like that. And yet she still does... all the time. The play went really well and when it was over my hair was still really white from the makeup and so I went up to a few people and told them to, "just call me daddy." That didn't go over well so now I'm out a few friends. We only had two performances this time which is great because it meant that I got to sleep more this weekend which is always a huge plus. After the show on Friday, I didn't go to dinner with the rest of the cast but instead to Chick-fil-a with a few friends. I tried to sneak out a packet of Chick-fil-a sauce but the lady who cleared the table threw it out. Afterward we headed to Park Ave. where I was made uncomfortable by my friend's boyfriend who HATES ME because another friend told him I was his competition.

The Saturday show was easier because I got to sleep all day beforehand, but when I woke up I had to ask my parents if they would take me to buy makeup while still seeming nonchalant about it. My dad drove me to this store located in the middle of all these storage units and I walked in and started talking to this man who smelled like an ash tray. While he was helping me, I heard something wheeze in the backroom, and tried to be chill about it but he said something like, "it's close to dying," which made me if it was a dog or mother-in-law or what. I got out of there with some expensive AF foundation and went to the Y to play basketball with my dad and brother. The gym was being half occupied by 4-year-olds playing "soccer" or whatever that was. The other half of the gym was free-ish to play basketball, so we all started to shoot around. Then my dad started arguing with my little brother about how to shoot (because he is 12 and knows everything) so when I shot, no one got my rebound and it bounced and hit some woman in the head. She was VERY surprised and indignant. I apologized, but she stared at me like I was a freaking ghost so I walked out of the gym and went home with my family. My brother was pretty salty towards me because he blamed me for us leaving so early. Here's the thing though, we could have played outside on a court but he was too worried about messing up his fancy basketball shoes, so he refused. That's probably good though because I left his basketball in Grace's car three months ago and he still hasn't noticed that it's missing and I'd like to keep it that way. After I showered while listening to my Spotify (thanks Caroline) I went to school to work on an ensemble scene for the district thespian festival. A bunch of families were walking around the school because the all-county orchestra was rehearsing, which was fine because an audience is great, except at one point our scene uses the phrase, "PREMATURE EJACULATOR," which turned out to not be the right thing to say in front of small children and parents. The show went well and now the only other performance we have will be at the competition on Thursday. After the show Grace, Caroline and I went to some Thai restaurant where I
tried
to kiss Grace during a picture but she saw it coming... and then to an abandoned parking lot where they made me film them dancing to Partition for Grace's Snapchat story. Then we harassed fast food workers through the drive-thru. I have to admit that I choked at one point and all I said was "hey cool cat." We jammed to some throwback Jonas Brothers on the way home, so I guess you could say it was pretty lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment