Instead of going to "school" I went to Keke's with Grace and Olivia and Caroline. I was pretty surprised Olivia managed to pick me up because turning onto my street is a big ol' Charlie Foxtrot. Several selfies were taken and snap chatted, but one stands out because Caroline covered my face with an Emoji. I will not post it here due to the offensive nature of the image. As it should be, Grace and I sat on the same side of the booth, mostly because she arrived last and Caroline, Olivia and I had already decided on it. Somehow, I ended up telling them about how my mom is taking charge of party planning.
My mom was describing the plans for Joseph's Bar Mitzvah at dinner one night and she said this band was gonna come that played classic rock music. "Does Joseph like classic rock?" I asked. "He said he liked them," mom replied. Joseph shouted fro his room, "no."
Most of the planning for his party has been mom coming up with some of her "ideas" and the clearance items at Hobby Lobby. Olivia felt as though she deserved an invitation because she's my sister. The logic behind this, and there is logic, is that both of our fathers named Mark, have never been seen in a room together. Spooky, right? Olivia drove me back to school because Caroline had some appointment and Grace said her neighbors would tell her parents if she drove through her neighborhood with a boy. They're gonna have to find out eventually, whether it be here or the wedding. Olivia played country music which I could deal with for all of a minute and a half before I made her put on Drake to get psyched for ToK. ToK we had a sub. History, we may as well have had a sub because I spent the entire time writing the ending to In Carroll Blood (the movie about Yasha's {secret} life, co-directed by Greycyn). In English, we had a sub who asked me if I had been in Mr. Farmer's class last year as if all Jewish people are the same. RUDE. Okay, listen, I friggin hate chemistry class because I could absorb more knowledge by hitting my head against a textbook, and it'd be twice as fun too. Today we kept converting units, big whoop. The teacher asked if we could have done that without this class and Akshay savagely replied, "we learned how to do this in middle school and in tenth grade." That was the beginning. A 16 question worksheet was given to keep us occupied doing the exact same problem over and over and over and over. "Even professional athletes do the same things over and over and still mess up," the chem teacher informs us. "Yeah, but we aren't being paid millions of dollars," I replied, not realizing I had just spoken those words. "I pay you in grades," she said, rapidly approaching my desk. I shifted the conversation towards the absurd amount of money pro athletes make. I mean truly, who needs 30 million dollars annually. It's insane! Now you see how easy it is to distract people. At the end of class, she passed out rulers and tried teaching us the difference between millimeters and centimeters. Savagely, Akshay explains to her that, "we learned to use rulers in elementary school."
After school, as I waited for the district event showcase, I watched the marching band practice, became the newest [honorary] drum major, and took celebratory pictures with Emily. It was truly and artistic experience, photography, music, drama... this blog should make you feel cultured. All the individual events were amazing and I feel great about district's, but even better about missing school. Back home, I was talking with my dad when my sister walked in, sick and swathed in blankets. "Oh no it's the Michelin man!" Nobody else thought it was funny aka every joke I make. Without a doubt.
No comments:
Post a Comment