Monday, November 16, 2015

Gettin' around town

Me and the Wifey
So last night I knew I had to have my Poetry Out Loud poem ready by today and yet I neglected it until I actually arrived at school. It was one of those days where I did the next period's homework in the class right before hand, and sometimes, not too well. In English, Mr. Farmer was telling us that if we had already done a commentary on our poem we could turn it in for extra credit so I turn to Delaney H. and say, "I haven't even done my math homework yet and that was due first period. Thankfully there were a lot of subs, but somehow none of them taught me less than my chemistry teacher. Just last week she was having us describe solids, liquids and gasses. Today we multiplied. The worst part is that she treats it like a big deal, like when Camila asked if she could miss a week and every other teacher said it was okay, except the chem teacher was worried she'd "fall behind." Today she asked us to check her power point for mistakes because we were the first IB class of the day and I look at some junior (the really tall one) and tell him "That is not my job." In English, I did my Poetry Out Loud poem and it sucked so I'll just leave it at that. In Psych, Grace and I were matching so we took some early Christmas photos.

After school, we had to show all of our district thespian festival events to Mr. Carter. Our ensemble scene, the one that uses the phrase 'premature ejaculator,' went swimmingly.
The ensemble scene in action
Then I had to perform my monologues which went well considering I'm doing one from King Lear which I hadn't memorised until last week. The only reason I picked that one is because we were already reading it in class and I forgot to pick a dramatic monologue earlier, so I ended up being Edgar. In addition to monologues, an ensemble scene, and poetry out loud to memorise, the competition one-act is Thursday which I'm scarcited for? A mix of scared and excited.

Anyway, after I acted and whatnot, I got an urgent text from Caroline about getting Slurpee's with her and Grace for EE postponement day. Little did I know it was all a ploy for me to hold the camera as they posed for pictures with their Slurpees outside a 7/11. I'm sure no one driving by judged that. However, Grace did return my brother's basketball which I just now realized is still in Caroline's car. After a hearty round of Slurpees, Grace had to go home and drive Emmy to dance so Caroline started driving me home, but on the way we saw Cliff and Ted in their foyer so we decided (Caroline decided) to turn into their driveway (swerve into their driveway). I got my first Timmie selfie today so that was probably the highlight of my day for sure 100%. Ted shuffled around, sick, in his great-grandfathers robe. He mostly complained about it being too loud but right after he complained he joined in the conversation. Caroline and I made some easy-mac and offered it to Greycyn who had just arrived for some school advicEE. I burned my tongue, but it was worth it because it was delicious. Thanks, Cliff.

Back at home we all ate dinner together, so you just know drama was about to ensue. Joseph got mad at me because that seems to be his hobby nowadays. Anyway, Rosebud (having only one eye) was licking the inside of the dishwasher so I pulled her away from it. Joseph was offended and said I am not allowed to do that. "She's a dog Joseph," I tried to explain. Apparently that offended him deeply because he retorted, "she's not a dog!" WHAT DOES THAT MAKE HER THEN??? I walked away and he said he was going to run away so if any of you see a 12-year-old in Vineyard Vines please return him to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment