Friday, September 4, 2015

Join Drama Club

So my brother, Joseph, just started sixth grade at Maitland Middle School where he has decided to play band. I get that, I did band in middle school, but we live in a smaller house now and he picked the freaking drums. It's been two weeks and obviously they haven't taught him anything yet, but he won't stop playing. During TV shows, during dinner, during homework... Our room is connected by a bathroom so I can hear him every time he starts playing, which is all the time. Last night, I heard him, so I took out my trombone and started playing until he stopped. Genius. Annoying things happen to me a lot, and more often than not, they're the result of my family. Earlier this week I tried to make popcorn after school on the stove. I found the bag of kernels in the cabinet and pulled it out, but someone (MOM) had forgotten to close it so half the popcorn spilled all over the floor. I cleaned up most of it before the battery died. I took the thing that holds the trash out to empty it, but I accidentally opened it too soon so then the floor was once again covered in popcorn. I decided the easier option was to tell mom that this was her fault, transitively, but that didn't exactly fly. Another example of how my mom makes things difficult is how one time she packed fried chicken for lunch. I wasn't hungry so I tried to through it away in drama class from across the room but I actually hit one of the trophies and broke it, then all 50 kids in the class stared at me. Thanks, mom. I do concede to having flaws, though. Today after drama rehearsal I was going to someone's house to audition for our school's Cappy program (Student theatre critic thing), but first a group of drama kids went to Planet Smoothie, while Miss Schmidt, who was driving us, went to Publix. When we all got back in the car, I may have been confused on why she went to Publix, because when we got to the kid's house to audition for Cappy's, I grabbed the bag of food and took it in, because I assumed it was purchased as snacks for the people auditioning. Well, I was wrong because it turns out that Miss Schmidt was going over to her friends house with food, namely the food that I had just stolen from her. Julia called her mom and told her I'd be standing outside with the food, apologetically.

EDIT:
I'd be remiss not to acknowledge that Kaley Kinson and Greycyn Clark #rekt my ICB essay when they were "proofreading." They told me I spelled my last name wrong. This was nothing compared to the Chem teacher asking us today if we knew what the word 'partially' meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment