So today my cousins are in from Boca Raton to celebrate Hanukkah pt. 7 with us at our grandparents house in Maitland. Before we left, I walked out in to the dining room and my mom told me, "let's call it $100." Since I had been out a debit card if been borrowing money from my mom occasionally, and she recently told me she was going to demand I pay her back, which would be fine except last week it was $40 and now we're "just gonna call it $100." Umm what?? Anyway, I'm going to ignore that because if I expound upon my feelings, mom is going to read this and yell at me. Dad walked out into the dining room and asked if we were ready to go. Mom looked up from her embroidery, "yepadoodle," she said. We walked outside and mom was standing next to the car with Rosebud. Dad tried getting Rosebud inside but mom said, "I already told her she could go."
5:15
Sitting next to my fat assed dog in the back seat.
5:22
Mom: you know what i got my dad?
Dad: A scotch glass?
5:25
Gram: Why doesn't Joseph play the drums in the garage?
Me: He likes to be obnoxious about it.
Dad: (Appearing from behind me) Remember when you used to play the trombone??
Me: Yeah, downstairs.
Dad: OK. *A look*
5:28
Mom began singing Happy Hanukkah To You to the tune of Happy Birthday. Joseph and my cousin Livie have promised to play the dreidel song on the saxophone and drums. My grandpa banned this until he goes to bed at 7.
5:38
Gram:(referring to another family) They're Indian- dot.
5:43
Gram: Rosebud is here on top of everything? (20 minutes into Hannukah)
My Aunt: (Her father talking about Rosebud) He felt bad that her hair was covering her eye.
Mom: (To Rosebud) Poor girl, they don't understand.
5:55
Gram: I can tell Rossie's here because there's water all over the floor.
Dad: I can tell Buddy's here because he barks like crazy and jumps the house guests.
Sophie is not at the party yet, no one has texted her except my aunt. Sophie, if you're reading this, get your ass over here.
6:10
Sophie has arrived in an ugly Christmas jean vest. No explanation required.
6:15
Aunt: Jacob won't be here next year
Me: :-)
6:22
IT HAS STARTED!! Joseph started drumming and Livie busted out her
trombone! I HAVE GOT TO GO!
6:34
7:03
Joseph: (Unwrapping gifts) Why does nobody ever pay attention to ME?
7:16
8:40
I am in bed, I got a jacket and a new wallet, and my grandma reminded her that I have to text her when I'm in college. Joseph is sleeping over at my grandma's with his snare drum so I might get to go to bed early tonight :') Happy Hannukah to all, stay tuned for pending updates in my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment